If you’re the proud owner of a Jura coffee machine, you know that it’s worth every penny for the rich, aromatic coffee it produces. But to ensure that every cup is as delicious as the first, it’s important to keep your Jura automatic espresso maker clean and free from any residue. Say goodbye to the taste of old coffee oils and hello to a consistently flawless brew!
When Should I Clean My Jura Coffee Machine?
To maintain the optimal performance of your Jura coffee machine, it’s recommended to clean it after every 180 beverage preparations or 80 automatic switch-on rinses. Don’t worry about keeping track, though – your machine will conveniently prompt you when it’s time for a cleaning session.
What You’ll Need
Jura is adamant that only their own branded cleaning products should be used to clean their machines. By following this guideline, you can ensure optimal cleanliness and hygiene. Before you start, make sure you have the following items on hand:
- Jura Cleaning Tablets
- Milk System Cleaner (if applicable)
How to Clean the Machine
Cleaning your Jura coffee machine is a breeze, thanks to the intuitive on-screen instructions provided. Even if you haven’t had your first cup of coffee yet, you’ll have no trouble following along. Just follow these simple steps:
- Each Jura model may have a slightly different display and menu. Look for the “clean” option when prompted, either via a button or touchscreen.
- Empty the coffee grounds container and the drip tray as instructed by your machine.
- Place a receptacle under the coffee spout and press “next.” The machine will start flowing water from the spout.
- The cleaning process will pause. At this point, your Jura coffee machine will prompt you to add the cleaning tablet. Open the ground coffee chute or filler funnel and drop the tablet inside.
- Press “next” to continue. The water will flow from the coffee spout, stopping and starting multiple times over several minutes.
- When prompted, empty the coffee grounds container and the drip tray once again.
- Replace the drip tray, and voila! Your machine is now clean and ready to go. The normal start screen will reappear.
Other Tips for Keeping Your Jura Clean
Besides regularly running cleaning cycles, there are a few additional steps you can take to ensure that your Jura coffee machine remains in perfect working order and looks great on your countertop.
Clean the Milk System
If your Jura machine features a built-in milk frother, it’s essential to run a milk cleaning cycle after each use involving steamed or frothed milk. Your machine will guide you through this process with easy-to-follow on-screen prompts. Neglecting this step can result in clogged or unhygienic parts, not to mention spoiled milk affecting the quality of your beverages.
Clean the Grounds Container and Drip Tray
To maintain optimal cleanliness, Jura recommends removing the drip tray and coffee grounds container daily, emptying them, and rinsing with warm water. This simple step will prevent any buildup and keep your machine in top shape.
Clean the Water Tank
For the best-tasting coffee, it’s crucial to refill your Jura’s water tank daily with fresh water. Occasionally, you can use a soft brush to gently clean the inside of the tank if needed. This will prevent any residue or impurities from affecting the flavor of your beverage.
Descale the Machine
Using a CLEARYL water filter, as recommended by Jura, can significantly reduce the accumulation of limescale in your espresso machine. With the filter in place, you may never need to descale your Jura machine. However, if prompted or in the absence of a filter, you can easily run the descaling program as directed by your machine.
To descale your Jura coffee machine:
- Empty the water tank, then dissolve three Jura descaling tablets in 600 milliliters of water.
- Pour the solution into the water tank.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to initiate the descaling program.
- Your machine will guide you through each step, ensuring a thorough descaling process.
Wipe Down the Machine
To maintain the sleek appearance of your Jura coffee machine, it’s always a good idea to wipe it down regularly with a soft, damp cloth. Bring out its full aesthetic potential while ensuring that it continues to impress with every cup of coffee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is My Jura Self-Cleaning?
While your Jura coffee machine does automatically rinse itself when turning on and before shutting off, these brief rinses are not full cleaning cycles. When prompted by your machine, it’s important to run a thorough cleaning cycle as described above to maintain optimal cleanliness and performance.
How Do You Clean a Jura Tube?
If your Jura machine features a milk tube, running the milk system cleaning cycle after each use is crucial. This will clean and sanitize the inside of the tube. Additionally, Jura recommends removing the tube from the machine and rinsing it daily with warm water. Ensure that you replace the milk tube every three months for optimal hygiene and functionality.
How Do I Force-Clean My Jura?
Your Jura coffee machine will prompt you to clean it after 180 brew cycles. However, you can run a cleaning cycle at any time if desired. Access the cleaning menu by pressing and holding the “P” button (the location may vary depending on your machine). From there, select “clean” and follow the on-screen prompts to initiate the cleaning cycle.
Now, armed with these cleaning tips and tricks, you can enjoy exceptional coffee from your Jura machine day after day. So go ahead, raise your mug, and indulge in the perfect cup of joe from your sparkling clean Jura coffee machine!